Key features of JSR anode binders
- Styrene butadiene (SBR) co-polymer latex
- Water based emulsion, no organic solvent processing needed
- Increased adhesion properties result in reduced binder loading
- Optimized binder design leads to improved battery and processing characteristics
- Emulsion polymerization: Colloidal stablity in aquereous slurry.
- High adhesion: Minimize the binder amount for LiB fabrication.
- Flexibility: For winding and slitting process.
- Electrolyte affinity: Better cell performance.
- Ease of slurry preparation: Rheological stability and coatability.
|Slurry properties||Electrode properties||Electochemical properties|
JSR anode binder product differentiation
JSR is offering different grades of aqueous styrene butadiene co-polymer latex binders. Each one has been designed for a specific purpose. Our binders can be used in different energy storage technologies, such as:◾ Lithium Ion Battery (LIB)
- Nickel Metal Hydride Battery (NiMH)
- Electric Double Layer Capacitor (EDLC)
Selection of the most suitable binder grade depends on several factors. The energy storage technology and the specific active materials influence the binder choice. Design and process used for the manufacturing of the cell are also important considerations.
TRD2001: Standard binder grade with high elasticity
TRD102A: Small particle size binder with cutting edge morphology control
TRD104A: Low migration type binder for thick electrodes
TRD1002: Binder for NiMh and LiB batteries
For contact and ordering information for Europe, Middle-East, Africa and India, click here
JSR also has water based Cathode binder available.